Small Batch Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes 6 cookies; 350F degrees ; 11-12 min bake time
# Ingredients & Tools
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar lightly packed
- 2 tbsp pure cane sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Baking sheet
- Hand mixer
1. In a small bowl using a handheld mixer, mix together the butter, brown sugar, and cane sugar until smooth. Add in the egg yolk and vanilla, mix until fully combined.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
3. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until fully combined, then fold in the choco-choco chips.
4. Set the dough in the freezer for about 10 minutes. This will help to keep the cookies from spreading and getting too thin.
5. Start preheating your oven to 350 degrees.
6. Remove the dough from the freezer and scoop out rounded balls of dough (about two tbsp each) onto a non-stick baking sheet.
7. Bake for 11-12 minutes, then rest for 10. Cookies will be slightly underdone and will finish baking while resting.