Banana Nut Bread
Tweaked from https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/best-banana-bread-recipe/
Small Loaf; 350F degrees on lower-third rack; 1 hour bake time
# Ingredients & Tools
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, spooned
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 brown sugar packed
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/3 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 cups mashed bananas (about 3 large bananas)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup of walnuts
- Aluminium foil
- 6" loaf pan
- Hand mixer
1. Starting preheating the oven. In a large bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
2. In a separate bowl, use a hand mixer to beat the butter and brown sugar together until smooth and creamy.
3. On medium speed, add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each. Beat in the yogurt, mashed bananas, and vanilla until combined.
4. On low speed, slowly add the dry ingredients until no pockets remain, but try not to overmix.
5. Fold in the walnuts. Spoon the batter into a greased 6" loaf pan.
6. Bake for 30 minutes then loosely cover with foil to prevent over browning. Bake for another 30-35 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
7. Allow the bread to rest in the pan for 15 minutes
Stays fresh in a gallon ziplock bag with all air removed for about week.